Home

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dining Room

First we painted the accent window wall a rich Barn red, Sherwin Williams-Martha Stewart Signature
We changed out the wrought iron chandelier to an antler chandelier. We used what we had to furnish the Cabbage. Furniture we've collected over the years has found a home here and it's worked out perfectly.
The table is very old. I've had it for over 40 years. It was given to me by a neighbor in Chicago when she moved. It was too heavy. Someone had given it to her years earlier too. The ladder back chairs were bought in Long Grove, IL many years ago.

 The antique corner cupboard, one of my favorite pieces, was bought in Ohio.

The original watercolors are by Jack Schmitt. There are several pieces of his art here.


 The bamboo blinds and suede valances are from K-Mart.
Free books from the Bryson City Library line the window ledge.
A collection of oil lamps, some new, some vintage, an antique wood cheese box all sit on top of the corner cupboard.
Pine cones and wooden apples fill an old wooden bowl on the table.

I've linked to My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday,  A Stroll Through Life,
 Domestically Speaking. May Days

6 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Happy Friday! I am stopping by via the linky party.

Your room looks utterly charming!

Susan said...

Your dining room remake is so elegant!! I love the colors you chose.

Martha said...

Such nice things in your dining room and I love the story of your pieces --

Unknown said...

Such warmth & elegance. I love it!
Have a lovely week.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Rachel said...

Very inviting! Gotta say- I love the antler chandelier! So cozy!!!!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. I love a red room, it always draws me in. Beautifully decorated. Your vignettes are wonderful. Love the basket with the books too. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty