Home

Monday, May 3, 2010

Wine Cork Mirror Frame


Save you wine corks and when you have enough, you can glue them to a piece of plywood and add a mirror. Trim the edges with molding. Stain or paint the way you want. Now you have a customized mirror for above your wine bar. Don't forget to write the dates on the corks from special occasions; weddings, anniversaries, cruises, and you'll have a great keepsake as well. Larry and I made this while here at the "cabbage" in North Carolina.

linking to http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/ and  May Days, My Romantic Home

7 comments:

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Love it! I am currently saving mine up for a wine cork-board or bath mat...Ill add this to the list of ideas!

bj said...

That is such a great looking mirror and a good way to put the corks to use.
I have quite a few corks...but...the most favorite wine at our place IS A SCREW-OFF CAP..hahaaa...you can see that it's not expensive but, oh, how we love WILD VINES BLACKBERRY WINE. We have a glass every evening and we just SWEAR that it is the reason neither of us has been sick all last winter or this summer. :)))

O, the reason I have so many corks...ordered them off Ebay....:)

Melissa Miller said...

Beautiful! Great job and very unique too!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

WOW...lovin' this COOL idea...looks great over the bar!

BLESSINGS,
LINDA

Hop over and enter my GIVEAWAY…I think you will like it!

Denise Marie said...

you did a fabulous job with it!

Terri said...

Wow. This is beautiful. I especially like how there are two levels of cork with the center recessed and the edge pieces farther out. How did you do that? I would love to try to make one similar to it.